Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A-mazing lemon blueberry bread

Yeah, I said it. This bread is one of the most delicious things I've ever made. (And I've made a lot of delicious things.)

For my juice cleanse, I bought close to 20 pints of blueberries. Annnnnnd definitely didn't use them all. I got a ridiculous craving for something sweet this evening, and decided a lemon blueberry bread would do the trick! I chose this recipe because I didn't want to wait for dough to rise.


It was reluctant to come out and I didn't want to ruin the loaf before I could take a picture, so sorry. This is all you get.

The Most Delicious Lemon-Blueberry Bread Ever.
adapted from Eat Yourself Skinny!

6 Tbsp. butter, softened (not melted!)
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
zest from 1 large lemon
1/2 c. nonfat milk
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder 
dash of salt
2 pints blueberries

Glaze:

juice from 1 large lemon
3/4 c. confectioner's sugar


Preheat oven to 350* F. Cream butter. Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest. In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients, and then mix into wet mixture. Add milk. When everything is combined, gently fold in blueberries. 

Grease/spray a loaf pan, and toss your bread mixture in! Bake for 55 - 60 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean). 

Allow your bread to cool for about ten minutes. While you're waiting, whip up the lemon glaze! Remove the bread from the pan and drizzle glaze on top. Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! Loving the lemon glaze on top! We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We hope you will come back next Saturday and share another recipe! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds amazing - love that the recipe calls for skim milk and whole wheat flour.

    Had to giggle over "this is all you get" (been there, done that!).

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete