Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lemon garlic spinach

I love spinach. I love lemon, and I love garlic.

I've had some fresh spinach in the fridge for the last few days just begging to be used, so I threw some things together tonight to make a spinach side.



Lemon Garlic Spinach

9 oz. baby spinach
1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon

Saute the garlic in olive oil until soft. Add in the butter and spinach. Cook until wilted - about 5 minutes. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over spinach and let cook for about one minute more. Serve! 

I accompanied dinner tonight with a Kemblefield Sauvignon Blanc 2010. It's from the Marlborough region of New Zealand. Nice and citrusy. Grapefruit is very prominent. Dry and almost tart. The perfect compliment to the lemon in tonight's spinach. $9.99/bottle. Excellent for the price. 



I'll work on my picture-taking skills. In the meantime, I think I might help myself to a second glass from the bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment