Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hey there!

Hello and welcome!

A little about me -

I'm a 20-something non-traditional college student with a passion for fermented grape juice. I had my first glass of wine in France when I was 18, and fell in love. (Though I'm pretty sure I embarrassed my father. He did not appear pleased that there was an inverse relationship between the volume in my glass and the volume of my voice.)

About two years ago, I came across an awesome wine store. They were offering tastings on the weekends - at the time there was a nominal fee. Now they're free which is even better! I have spent the last two years refining my palate and ended up falling in love with the wine and the people. Now I work at said awesome wine store.

I love wine, and love cooking with wine. I don't have a fancy camera, and I've never been accused of taking awesome photos, but I know my way around a kitchen.

I plan to use this as a dump for my kitchen experiments. I have another blog where I occasionally put recipes up, but wanted something that was more food-centric. I'm usually pretty anti-recipe and love to throw things together to see how they come out. I also plan to review the occasional wine here. As a perk of my awesome job, I get a spectacular discount and love to bring new things home!

And a bit on my palate - I am not a big sweet or dessert wine fan. I LOVE New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, and some of the good Chilean Sauv Blancs in the NZ style. I also love full-bodied reds. Tempranillo. Sangiovese. Malbec. Syrah. I have found one good Gewurztraminer that I would buy again, and there is one Port that I am madly in love with.

Recipe dump, wine reviews, and I might even get a little into wine and kitchen gadgets. Thanks for joining me, and welcome to my kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment