Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wine review!

I'm sorry I fail at life. I vacationed in mid-February because Prince Charming's big brother got married. Came home and started nightly opera rehearsals. That finally closed March 4th, and I've still been running around like a chicken with my head cut off ever since.

I've done some cooking, but the only things I felt were incredible, or tasty enough to warrant a blog entry, I forgot to take pictures of. So instead, since I feel terrible neglecting you for even longer, here's my favorite wine as of late.


From a wordpress blog / google image results




Cincuenta Ugarte Rioja 2009. Rated 90 points (Wine Advocate).

100% Tempranillo. Aged 10 months in French oak. Nice spice with some amazing bright fruit. Fantastic! It was on sale (down $6) for $9.99/bottle. Definitely took one home this weekend. It's an amazing value. I've sold a ton of it in the last two days.










Things are going to be crazy at work for the next two weeks (I'm working 6 of 7 days this week, and probably a similar schedule next week) but hopefully by the second week of April, things will settle down enough that I can cook a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment